Customized Accounting & Bookkeeping
Thinking of Starting Your Own Business?
In times of economic sluggishness, when so many people are being laid off from their jobs, many of the rest of us wonder if our turn is next!
Alternatively, it is just that one is fed up with his boss, sick and tired of being trapped in a dead-end job, not being able to control his own time, not being paid what he is worth, or even being used and abused!
Phil relates! It was when he was 25 years old that, at Christmastime, his boss terminated the audit supervisor, another associate senior staff accountant and both junior staff accountants, leaving Phil to manage the workload of that former team of five, during the 1981 tax season! Though motivated by the 28% Christmastime raise in pay, by April, and though productivity and profitability for the CPA firm improved, nine days after April 15, Phil, too, was terminated!
All of this was quite a lot to handle, but the Board of Directors took Phil's findings to the Homeowners' Association attorney, who agreed with the findings, and management thus made the decision to correct the reporting and taxation, as necessary.
As Phil recalls, "I became my own boss, and no one was ever, again, going to abuse me like that!"
During such times the strong and independently-minded consider starting their own businesses, for self-employment and business ownership offers a whole new world of challenges and rewards!
The Dream, The Plan, The Launch of your Business!
We learn, from Hill, Napoleon: Think and Grow Rich -
- Fix, in your mind, exactly what you want to achieve.
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for what you want to achieve.
- Establish a definite date when you intend to possess your desired achievement.
- Created a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once to put the plan into action.
- Write out a clear, concise statement of all of the above.
- Read your statement, aloud, twice daily, and, as you read it, see, feel and believe yourself already in possession of your achievement.
But now what?
- Which business form is best?
- Is a Fictitious Name / Doing Business As (DBA) needed?
- How about Independent Contractors vs Employees?
- Where does one get Utah Business Licenses , Utah Seller's Permits and Federal Employer ID Numbers?
- How does one keep track of business-only cash flow?
- Which are the tax deductible business expenses?
- Can't accounting be made simple and user-friendly?
We have all gone through those same questions, and we have answers!
Creating the Perfect Accounting System
Since 1978, Phil had been dissatisfied with accounting systems, and he dreamed of, one day, developing the perfect Chart of Accounts that would a) adapt to automated bookkeeping systems, b) generate meaningful financial statements, c) support income tax returns and d) be simple enough to mimic keeping the check register in a checkbook, all at the same time!
Hindsight proves that it was not just a naive dream of a 22 year-old, as there is, now, such a workable Chart of Accounts, after decades of fine-tuning revisions!
Who uses it? (click on the outbound hyperlinks, below!)
Accounting: The Benefit? "Where performance is
measured, performance improves..."
FREE Initial Consultation Form
Why Accounting? What is the Benefit of Accounting?
"Where performance is measured, performance improves. Where performance is measured and reported, the rate of improvement accelerates." — Thomas S. Monson (1927-)
Accounting & Bookkeeping You Can Rely On
Phil has maintained accounting records, throughout his long career, for a wide variety of businesses, including men's and women's clothiers, auto body shops, a lumber and hardware store, bars and restaurants, building maintenance services, a recording studio, a cabinetry shop, print shops, home-based businesses and high tech establishments, attorneys, dentists, periodontists, pediatricians, and others!
As a certified public accountant, Phil served as expert witness, in California Superior Court, on a case involving a fraudulent corporate business sale, and based on his testimony, justice prevailed!
Eliminate your distractions, reduce your stress and protect your company from penalties by asking Phil, a Certified Public Accountant, to help you keep all of your accounting and bookkeeping up to date with these services and more:
- Cash Receipts and Disbursements Journals Processed
- Preparation of Payroll and Sales Tax Returns
- Fixed Asset Schedules Kept Up to Date
- Appropriate General Journal Entries Made
- General Ledger Posted
- Bank Accounts Reconciled to the General Ledger
- Customized Balance Sheets
- Comparative Income Statements
- Help Learning to Understand the Financial Statements!